Aug 27, 2008Family Health Options Kenya (FHOK) a leading organization in Sexual and Reproductive Health is seeking for qualified personnel to fill the following positions.
1. Project Nurse (3 Positions)
Reporting to the Medical Centre Manager, The Project Nurse will: -
- Provide clinic and community based sexual and reproductive health and HIV/AIDS education and services including: -
- Preventive Education
- Provision of ANC and FP Services Management of STI's
- Treatment of Ols and other common ailments
- Post Rape care
- Participate in project monitoring and evaluation
- Be a Kenya Registered Nurse with Diploma or a degree in Nursing
- Minimum of three years experience in the provision of reproductive health services
- Excellent communication, facilitation and counseling
- Ability to create good rapport with young vulnerable women in a non-judgmental manner.
The successful applicant must be ready to work with vulnerable women especially sex workers.
2. Registered Clinical Officer (1 Position)
The Clinical Officer will provide clinical services in a busy Medical Centre, including management of STIs, treatment of Ol, ARV treatment and post - rape care. He/she will participate in formulation of strategies for long term development and sustainability of the clinical services as well as monitoring and evaluation of such services.
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
Reporting to the Medical Centre Manager, the ideal candidate must have:-
- A diploma in Clinic Medicine and Surgery practice license
- At least 3 years working experience in Reproductive Health
- Experience in management of HIV/AIDS and Ols
- Provide technical assistance, develop and oversee Management Information System (MIS) in a new project..
- Offer technical support in database Management to meet data requirements for FHOK's programme and partners.
- Provide technical assistance to project managers, co-ordinators and centre managers in designing and implementing data collection and analysis tools.
- Co-ordinate Monitoring and Evaluation for all projects.
- A Degree in Public Health, Nursing, Social Sciences, Biostatistics or related field.
- A minimum of 2years working experience in M & E.
- Demonstrated experience in Health MIS, preferably in SRH/HIVAIDS.
- Proficiency in word processing, database and spreadsheets, including advanced skills in at least 2 of the following: SPSS, Excel, EPi, Info, Stata and MS Access Experience in design and set up database
- Knowledge of social science and epidemiologic research
- Experience in development of data collection tools, including questionnaires
- A good understanding of current issues in Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS
- Experience and capacity to step down knowledge and skills to project implementing staff.
- Good knowledge of the MOH (HMIS), including the sectional M & E framework
- Self motivation and ability to work with minimum supervision
Reporting to the Assistant Programme Director (service Delivery), the Pharmacist will formulate, develop, implement and evaluate strategies with the aim of achieving efficient and effective provision of pharmaceutical services to all facilities.
- Facilitate the registration of the organization's pharmacies as required by the pharmacy and poisons board
- Procure medical products, store appropriately and securely to ensure freshness and potency.
- Accurately prepare, dispense and distribute medical products to in-and out-patients.
- Develop and implement strategies for sustainable pharmacy services to achieve set goals
- Review pharmacy standards and ensure they are maintained by all pharmacy service providers.
- Offer technical advice to the management on matters concerning the effective functioning of the organization's pharmacies
- Organize, supervise and co-ordinate and train pharmacy personnel to ensure quality of care.
- B.Sc. in Pharmacy from a recognized institution and registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Computer literacy
- At least 3 years working experience preferably in a hospital
- Training and experience in Provision of antiretroviral therapy is desired
Reporting to the Medical Centre Manager, the holder of the position will:
- Maintain financial records at the Centre
- Assist Centre managers on financial matters including preparation of budgets and budgetary controls.
- Post entries to the ledger
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Supervise accounts clerk in performance of day to day duties.
The holder of the position will be expected to have:
- A degree in Commerce (Accounting option), Economics or a related field Posses at least CPAII or equivalent A minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar position preferably in an NGO.
- Hands on experience in the use of financial management packages, especially Sun System will be an added advantage
- Should have high integrity and be a team player with good interpersonal skills and be able to work independently.
The Executive Director
Family Health Options Kenya
P.O. Box 30581-00100
Email: info @ fhok.org