Oct 12, 2008
Get a job that will get people talking
Safaricom, an equal opportunity employer is looking for talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
In keeping with our current business needs and our vision to be the best company in Africa, we are looking to fill the following positions within the organization.
HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER REF: SC&A - HSM - OCT 08
Reporting to the HoD of Facilities & Security within the Supply Chain & Administration Division, the Health & Safety Manager will champion the establishment, generation and enhancement of an Occupational Health and Safety culture within Safaricom Ltd through the promotion and management of the Health and Safety policy, systems and guidelines.
- Review and develop the existing Occupational Health & Safety policy, working programs & strategies;
- Participate and advise on the development of Occupational Health & Safety annual objectives, targets and action plans;
- Approve Occupational Health & Safety requirements/ standards when designing and installing new & modified facilities & products;
- Conduct regular Health & Safety audits in all business premises;
- Report on the implementation, progress and performance of all Occupational Health & Safety activities;
- Ensure compliance and adherence to existing relevant local authority (DOHSS) legislations, company policy guidelines and best industry practice;
- Provide/ facilitate Occupational Health & safety training and educational support to staff, contractors and new employees;
- Plan, organize and implement relevant Occupational Health & safety activities and programs aimed at enhancing the provision of a safe work environment in all major facilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Engineering or any other related technical field;
- Occupational Health and Safety qualification from a recognized institution is mandatory;
- Minimum of five (5) years of responsible, professional working experience at a management level in the field of Occupational Health & Safety;
- Knowledge of all relevant local, international and best practice Occupational Health & Safety acts, regulations, guidelines and codes of practice;
- Registration /recognition as a Health & Safety practitioner by DOHSS will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge and experience in the development of a Health & Safety Management System and Safe Work Culture;
- Basic knowledge of MS office applications;
- Excellent problem solving skills, proactive, able to work under pressure with respect for deadlines;
- A team player, assertive with good networking skills and the ability to achieve high quality results in the face of challenges and setbacks.
Reporting to the Head of Department M-PESA within the New Products Division, the M-PESA Product Developer will be responsible for delivery of new M-PESA functionalities to the market and enhancement of existing functionalities.
- Continuous input to the M-PESA roadmap to ensure timely delivery of relevant products to Safaricom customers;
- Project management on delivery of new functionality, capacity planning and system enhancement, including requirement specification, testing, documentation of processes & procedures;
- Develop new procedures as required for the roll-out of new functionality;
- Provide 2nd level product support to Customer Care, Finance and other internal customers on functionalities;
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure new functionality, processes and systems are fully understood;
- Manage efficient resolution of all system related matters.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field;
- Project Management certification - PMP/ PMI or its equivalent will be a plus;
- 8 years post-graduation work experience of which 2 years must be in a managerial role;
- Work experience in a technical field to line management or senior engineer level;
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously from end to end for a 6 - 12 months duration with impact to the company, customers and overall revenue generation;
- Good understanding of financial principles, financial ratios with ability to interpret standard financial statements;
- Good understanding of the Kenyan Market, subscriber preferences and trends;
- Highly innovative, creative, results oriented individual with excellent analytical skills;
- Attention to detail with good organizational, planning, report writing and presentation skills;
- Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure on tight schedules / deadlines and monitor / follow up on all actions taken;
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Reporting to the Head of International and Wholesale Services within the Human Resources Division, the Principal International Relations Officer will manage effective and productive relationships with international business partners and international organizations.
- Managing relationships with International Organizations;
- Continuous evaluation of trends in the global market, regulatory framework changes and technological innovation;
- Managing and developing staff in the section.
- Bachelor of Commerce, BA Economics or Business related field degree from a recognized university: Masters in international relations or MBA international business option;
- At least 5 years experience in International Relations preferably in a telecommunications environment;
- Sound knowledge of International Telecommunications services is a mandatory requirement;
- Excellent knowledge with hands on working experience in operating Microsoft Office suite;
- Strong research and data mining skills; Strategic management background;
- Highly developed communication , interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Supervisory and people management skills and team leadership;
- Commercial acumen with ability to strategize and pay attention to detail.
REF: RSM - SIA- OCTO8
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager within the Risk Management & Strategy Division, the Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for improving the internal control environment by providing proactive recommendations on control issues. Execution of audit assignments as per the annual audit plan and other investigations driven by business needs.
- Executing specific audit assignments as dictated by the audit plan;
- Identifying and discussing all control weaknesses and recommendations for efficiency with management;
- Identifying and communicating apparent failures in the control framework within the process;
- Maintaining accurate records to support and satisfy audit tests;
- Identifying and promoting good business practice within the company;
- Monitoring implementation status of past audit recommendations;
- Monitoring budgets set for a given audit area assigned and ensuring execution is within defined timelines.
- Upper second class degree in Business or Commerce or other relevant degree from a recognized University;
- Fully qualified CPA (K) or equivalent. CIA qualification is an added advantage;
- Five (5) years audit experience in a reputable organization;
- Fully conversant with regards to use of computer aided auditing techniques (CAAFs);
- working knowledge of MS Office tools. Experience in the use of electronic working papers will be an added advantage;
- Understanding of techniques to manage and mitigate business risks;
- Knowledge of relevant governance and listing requirements (E.g. Sarbanes Oxley, Combined code);
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Reporting to the Security Manager within the Facilities & Security Department, the Senior Security Officer will be responsible for conducting and reporting all company/ staff related security investigations in close liaison with the Regional Security Officers.
The job holder will maintain useful and effective partnership as well as networking with law enforcement authorities. He/ She will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Security Helpdesk and the Crisis Management Centre.
Full detaills available on our website.
REGIONAL SECURITY OFFICER REF: SC&A- RSO- OCT 08
Reporting to the Security Manager within the Facilities & Security Department, the Regional Security Officer will supervise and coordinate provision of security and safety related requirements for staff as well as company facilities in designated regions under the close guidance of the Security Manager.
Full details available on our website.
If you feel challenged by any of the roles above, meet the requirements and are self driven and proactive, please send your resume and application letter quoting the job title and reference number to the address below.
All applications must be delivered on or before Friday 17th October, 2008. Please note we only accept online applications.
The Resourcing Manager
Via email: hr @ safaricom.co.ke
Log onto www.safaricom.co.ke for other exciting positions.