The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank commonly known as the PTA Bank, is the financial arm of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA).
The Bank is looking for individuals who are self motivated and result oriented to join a team committed to building a world class financial institution. Interested and qualified candidates are therefore invited from nationals of member states to apply for the following positions.
The Bank offers competitive tax free salaries and benefits commensurate with the standards of excellence that it expects.
1. PRINCIPAL OFFICER- RISK MANAGEMENT
Job Summary :
The officer shall be responsible for identification and control of operational and financial risks; identify, recommend and implement risk mitigation measures; monitor and report on compliance with the Bank's policies and corporate governance requirements; develop credit management policies and guidelines for the Bank's lending, guarantee, equity and treasury investment operations; develop and implement indicators for measuring financial performance; Report on compliance with the Bank's asset and liability management guidelines.
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Banking, Finance or Economics
- A minimum often years of relevant professional experience in Banking, Treasury, Risk management
- Thorough knowledge of financial instruments, equity products and credit and risk management concepts
- Computer skills; competencies in modeling and quantitative methods
Job Summary :
The officer will be responsible for ensuring adherence to the Bank's policies and procedures; ensure that loan processing, approvals, disbursements, administration and debt collections adhere to the Bank's credit policies; appraise and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls; ensure data integrity and conduct investigations on major operational discrepancies; ensure governance principles are complied with.
Minimum Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance. A Master's degree in a related discipline will have an added advantage
- A minimum of five years experience in Banking or Finance
- Good background in auditing or financial management;
- Computer skills
For enquiries : kifle.hamza @ ptabank.org
Applications should be sent to the following address by 30th November 2008:
Director Administration and Corporate Services Department
The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development (PTA Bank)
Bishop's Road NSSF Complex 22nd Floor
P.O. Box 48596 00100