The Agricultural Sector Ministries have received a grant from SIDA, EU, DANIDAand GTZ under the Agricultural Sector Support Programme (ASSP) through the Agricultural Sector Coordination Unit (ASCU), for the establishment of an Innovation Fund for Agriculture and Agribusiness.
The Fund is a grant to support innovative agricultural and agri-business initiatives and enhance the capacity of the private and public sectors in agriculture to play their role in agricultural development more effectively. This is in line with the objectives of the Strategy for Revitalizing Agriculture (SRA).
The Fund has been launched officially and the Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust (MESPT) have been appointed as the Fund Managers.
ASCU and MESPT have identified the need to strengthen the capacity required to implement the Innovation Fund. To realize this, a competent individual is required to fill in the following vacant position:
Job Title: Programme Officer
Job ref: IF/001
Based at MESPT and reporting to the ASCU Coordinator, the Programme Officer will work full time on the Innovation Fund for Agriculture and Agribusiness. He/she will support the Fund Manager on all programme work related to the Fund and ensure that the Fund meets its objectives and is implemented in accordance to the SRA and the Agricultural Sector Support Programme (ASSP) Document.
This post will initially operate for a period of 24 months and will carry a competitive remuneration package.
The candidate should have the following minimum requirements:
- At least a Masters Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, or MBA;
- Have a good understanding of Kenya's Agricultural or Rural Development Sector;
- Must be fully computer literate;
- Must have served in equivalent grade in a busy and reputable organization for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Demonstrated merit and ability in their work performance and results; Must be a person of integrity ;
- Experience in Competitive Grants management and knowledge of the SRA will be an added advantage.
Please quote the Job Reference No. on the envelope.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The ASCU Coordinator,