Jan 13, 2009
St. John's Community Centre (SJCC) is a Christian Community Development Centre; a project of the Anglican Church of Kenya Diocese of Nairobi. SJCC with its-partner Kindernothilfe has been awarded a 3 years project (under Cooperative Agreement Terms) by the US Government (USG) PEPFAR New Partners Initiative (NPI) to support Kenya's National AIDS Strategic Plan and PEPFAR's country operation plan.
The Programme's primary beneficiaries are the Orphans and Vulnerable children.The SJCC OVC Small Community Project currently covers the Western, Nyanza, Central and North Rift, Nairobi and Central regions.
St. John's is seeking to recruit two Program Officers.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager her/his key responsibilities will be:-
- Working with the Project Coordinator in making appropriate project plans and budgets of the PEPFAR Project.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating and delivering the annual PEPFAR implementation plan jointly with the Project Coordinator.
- Responsible for ensuring that the PEPFAR project work meets targets and quality assurance through quality performance management, monitoring, quality control and evaluation and making appropriate recommendations.
- Responsibility for ensuring implementing CBOs compliance with PEPFAR standards and policy, and capacity building CBOs committees to do so.
- Ensures coordination between the PEPFAR project and SJCC corporate strategy.
- Responsibility to report any strategic and significant problems relating to PEPFAR project implementation to the Project Coordinator and SJCC Manager.
- Responsibility of training/capacity building the selected CBOs on various areas identified through aTNA.
- Regular visits to the CBOs for backstopping and monitoring and evaluation.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Holds a University degree in Social Sciences from a recognized university.
- Aged 25 - 40 years.
- Has 3 years working experience in managing and implementing OVC/HIV/AIDS related activities and working with CBOs.
- Has excellent planning, organizational, proposal writing, project monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Fluency in both written and oral English and Kiswahili.
- Experience in managing USAID/PEPFAR funded projects will be an added advantage.
All application letters and detailed CV together with names of three referees should reach the under signed not later than 27th January 2009
The Chairman Human Resource and Development Committee
St. John's Community Centre
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.