Closing date: 12 Apr 2009
Location: Kenya - Dadaab
- The Area Manager reports to the NRC Country Director based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- The Area Manager has the overall responsibility to ensure that NRC´s programme in the area, develops in line with NRC’s mandate, policies and country specific strategies.Staying updated on all relevant political and polic
- Preparation of required reports to the Country Director, donors, authorities, as well as quality control of project specific reports produced by NRC´s project personnel
- The Area Manager has the overall responsibility to ensure that the NRC programme in the area is managed in accordance with NRC´s personnel policies and guidelines.
- The Area Manager has the overall responsibility to ensure that NRC´s programme activities do not overlap with other organisations activities and that interests of the beneficiaries are safeguarded in the country
- The Area Manager has the overall responsibility to ensure that the NRC programme in the area, contributes to NRC´s advocacy efforts, nationally, regionally and internationally
- The Area Manager has the overall responsibility for the safety and security of NRC personnel employed in the area
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- (3-5 years) Proven management and programme development experience
- Experience in administration and personnel management
- Solid experience from development of proposals, budgets and reports
- Experience from advocacy work
- Solid experience working in complex emergencies
- A thorough understanding of protection issues and experience with implementation of protection based projects
- Fluency in the English language, both written and verbal
- Relevant experience and/or high education, preferably in management, social sciences or international development
- Proven communication, interpersonal, representation, negotiation and management skills
- Proficiency in the Somali or Arabic language an asset
- Holder of a valid international driver’s licence
Contract period: 12 months with possible extension
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, approximately NOK 50 393,- (€ 5 500) per month, and free housing of moderate standard. Please note that tax fees may occur for some countries.
Duty station will be Dadaab, Kenya. Recreational and social facilities are very limited in Dadaab, Kenya.
International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation in Kenya/Somalia.
How to apply
For application procedures, please visit: http://www.nrc.no/?aid=9160702
Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
Reference no.: 443736503
Deadline for application: ASAP
Contact info.: Raena Aslam Recruitment Coordinator +47 90 77 49 82
Please quote http://kenyanjobs.blogspot.com as the source of the job advert in your application and refer us to your friends and peers.