Coast Water Services Board is a state corporation in the Ministry of Water and Irrigation which was formed in accordance with the Water Act 2002.
The Board wishes to recruit self-driven, result oriented, highly motivated and qualified individuals to fill the following positions:-
1. Internal Audit Manager
1 Post - CWSB/01/2009
Reporting to Audit Committee of the Board Duty Station-Mombasa
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Head of internal audit department
- Establishing and reviewing policies and procedures of the audit department.
- Advising the management on the adequacy of the internal control system of the Board and give recommendations on improvement and continuously review/monitor implementation.
- Ensure compliance to set polices and procedures as outlined by the government and other professional bodies.
- Developing detailed audit programmes, plans, schedules and preparing quarterly assurance audit report to the Audit Committee and the Chief Executive Officer.
- Liaising with external auditors on the annual audits and ensuring that the reports are implemented.
- Carry out a risk analysis to guide in prioritizing audit assignments.
- Bachelor of commerce degree (accounting/Finance) option and in addition be,in possession of Masters Degree in Business Administration.
- Professionally qualified and registered in the relevant professional bodies and in possession of CISA qualification.
- Must have served for at least 3 years in a similar position preferably in the government sector.
- Must have demonstrated wide administrative capabilities and high degree of professional competence in managing internal audit activities.
- Certified knowledge of Great Plains system (GP) or other Financial Management and Information Systems(FMIS)
- Be a person of high integrity, a team leader and result oriented.
- Must be 35 years and above
1 Post - CWSB/02/2009
Reporting to Technical Services Manager. Station-Baricho Water Works-Malindi
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be reporting to the technical services manager and will be responsible for the following,
- Ensure proper design, installation, operation and maintenance of electromechanical works.
- Ensure that electro-mechanical equipment such as pumps, electrical panels, motors acquired and installed to conform to required technical specifications
- Ensure that all electromechanical equipment are operated and maintained as required.
- Updating and maintenance of electromechanical asset register.
- Undertake condition and performance assessment of electromechanical installation at water utilities.
- Provide technical support on operation and maintenance of electro¬mechanical installations to staff at water utilities.
- Bsc degree in electrical,mechanical engineering or technology from a recognized university
- Must be registered with Engineers Registration Board ( ERB) and be a member of institute of Engineers of Kenya ( IEK)
- Must have over 4 years experience in a busy and industrial set up
- Must be 35 years and above
- Strong administration skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge on donor funded projects is essential is essential
- Be able to prepare timely reports.
A competitive package will be offered to the successful candidate in line with the board remuneration structure.
Interested applicants should send their applications together with copies of the following documents : -
- Academic /professional certificates and testimonials
- A detailed curriculum vitae giving details of telephone contacts and email address
- Names and contacts of three referees.
- Current position and remuneration
The Chief Executive Officer Coast
Water Services Board
PO BOX 90417-80100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification
(Coast Water Services Board is an equal opportunity employer)