Mar 18, 2009Our client is a key player in Western Kenya and.operates a production and sales distribution network for beverages. We seek applications from qualified Kenyans to fill opportunities which have arisen in the following areas-.
1. Personal Assistant
The Executive Assistant is to be responsible for administrative and secretarial support to the Chief Executive .The position requires an outgoing personality of integrity for the high profile office
- Organise the office itinerary and scheduled programmes for effective conduct of organizational business
- Process and facilitate office communications and movement of mail, memos and other correspondence to target audience for smooth flow of information and timely action
- Coordinate office logistics and movement of executive staff to ensure appointments are honoured
- Provide courteous service to internal and external customers to ensure that concerns are adequately addressed
- Maintain records of documents, events for reference
- Provide secretarial services in the processing and dispatch of information for operational efficiency
- Plan for continuous office provisions
The right candidates should be in possession of-
- A Diploma in Secretarial/Business Studies. A Degree in Secretarial Studies or Hospitality is to be considered as an added advantage.
- Good skills in public and interpersonal relations, communication, office management
- Good command of both written and oral English and Kiswahili
- Experience in handling a high profile office of not less than 3 years
- In addition the prospective candidate should be proficient in common office computer applications
The procurement & Stores officer is answerable to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of the procurement function to ensure efficient and effective delivery of goods, services and works within the confines of the company regulations.
- Ensuring timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods, services and works, while strictly adhering to the procurement policy.
- Preparing requisitions for quotations or tenders to prequalified suppliers for the company, processing applications and preparing corporation tender committee papers.
- Providing technical advice to the Company tender committee and ensuring prompt implementations of its decisions.
- Establishing, in liaison with the relevant departments and end-users, quality specifications of goods and services required by the company.
- Carrying out designated checks on quality and security aspects of procurement.
- Reviewing the supply chain to ensure it is efficient and effective.
- Managing the annual supplier pre-qualification exercise.
- Managing the disposal of obsolete and disposable items.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business related field/Diploma in purchasing & supplies management
- A professional qualification in Purchasing and Supplies or equivalent.
- 5 years experience, 3 of which must have been in a senior management position.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High integrity.
- Familiarity with procurement guidelines and procedures.
- Team player and strong leadership and management skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
The Credit Controller is answerable to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for establishing, reviewing and maintaining effective credit control systems.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Reviewing the details of past, existing and prospective customers for credit worthiness and reporting appropriate recommendations to management.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the credit management policies and enforcing compliance to seal loopholes and exposure.
- Analysing cases of old debts, preparing supporting documents and taking decisive action to either collect or write off in accordance with the policy guidelines.
- Monitoring performance of current debtors and collecting outstanding amounts by due dates.
- Ensuring accurate and timely invoicing as per the policy
- The ideal candidate must be a qualified accountant in possession of a degree in commerce, economics or related field and CPA (K) /ACCA/ CIMA with at least 3 years experience in credit control, good communication and leadership skills and demonstrable integrity, professionalism and analytical ability.
Our client offers a work environment that engenders passion, innovation and integrity and pursues a policy of attracting, developing and retaining the best talent. In addition to a competitive salary and a comprehensive range of benefits commensurate with the position, our client offers a challenging and a rewarding career.
If your background and competencies match the specification for this position, please write in confidence, quoting the position reference in your application letter and attach your curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, day and evening telephone numbers and names and addresses of three referees and send to ess @ fke-kenya.org to reach us by 27th March, 2009
Please quote http://kenyanjobs.blogspot.com as the source of the job advert in your application and refer us to your friends and peers.