Mar 19, 2009icipe - African Insect Science for Food and Health is an intergovernmental organisation funded by government aid agencies, UN organisations and private foundations to carry out research and training in the environmentally sound and sustainable management of arthropods for improving health and agricultural productivity in the tropics, icipe has approximately 300 staff to support its research and capacity building programmes, located at various sites in Kenya, Ethiopia and Sudan.
To enable it carry out its research mandate in Animal Health, Human Health, Plant Health, and Environmental Health Divisions icipe has an opening as listed below to be filled by suitably qualified young and dynamic professionals. The position offered on contract terms require to be filled immediately:
icipe's Environmental Health Division seeks to hire a technician tenable at icipe’s Duduville campus in Nairobi for a two year period.
- Diploma in Applied Biology from a reputable institution.
- Experience in rearing and crossing of butterflies.
- Basic experience of molecular biology techniques.
- Good computer skills.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
The incumbent will among other duties be required to discharge the following responsibilities:
- Sampling Danaus chrysippus and D. dorippus populations.
- Rearing and crossing of adults Danaus species.
- Recording mortality of immature stages of Danaus species.
- Production and maintenance of foodplants.
- Preservation of reared adults and larvae.
- DNA extraction and analysis of presence of Spiroplasma.
- Data entry and analysis and report writing.
The Human Resources Department
icipe - African Insect Science for Food and Health
P.O. Box 30772-00100
icipe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please quote http://kenyanjobs.blogspot.com as the source of the job advert in your application and refer us to your friends and peers.