P. O. Box 25656-00603
E mail: recruitment @ vsfsuisse.org
VSF Suisse is an International NGO supporting humanitarian and development interventions in the region mainly in Southern Sudan, Kenya, and Somalia.
VSF Suisse focus is on the alleviation of hunger, poverty, diseases and suffering of people in whose cultures and livelihoods livestock play a major role.
VSF-Suisse seeks to fill the following positions for its Program in North Eastern and Eastern
Province of Kenya.
Part of the advertised positions is field based (remote) and candidates should be willing to reside and work under basic living conditions.
1. Program Manager
- The position reports to the Kenya Programs Coordinator for VSF Suisse and will be in charge of the project cycle management of the program.
- The incumbent will be responsible to coordinate diverse project activities including slaughter destocking and mass de-worming through a voucher scheme using the private veterinary service infrastructure and Community Based Animal Health Service Delivery.
- Supporting the Kenya Programs Coordinator in managing project budgets.
- Ensuring timely preparation and submission of regular financial & narrative reports.
- Mobilize all resources (Staff, Finances and Equipment) for the optimal achievement of project goals & objectives.
- University degree in Veterinary Medicine/Development Studies or other related field.
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrable track record of managing a successful team.
- A Minimum of 5 years experience Managing Rural Development Projects.
- Knowledge of Donor Funds Management and Reporting.
- Experience in livestock marketing is an added advantage.
- Team player and builder
- Reporting to the Program Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for Livestock Management in the Project;
- Assist the PM in selection and identification of beneficiaries, development of social agreements
- Supervising activities at the various project sides during the implementation of the slaughter destocking and de-worming campaign
- Monitoring of CAHWs and implementation of the voucher scheme
- Establishment of database and collection of project related data incl. vouchers.
- Achieve Project Objectives and report on indicators.
- University degree in Veterinary Medicine/Animal Health.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in similar set ups
- Interested in livestock related Rural Development Projects
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experienced in working with Pastoral Communities.
- Willingness to stay in remote areas
- Knowledge of the Somali Eco-System is an added advantage
- To ensure that proper accounting records are maintained at the project level including debtor and creditor listings and staff imprest records
- Record the project expenses incurred on a daily basis to the respective donor and budget lines and submission of data for posting on a fortnight basis as per the work plans.
- Filing of voucher in a systematic and organized on fortnight basis as per the work plans in a manner to ensure that retrieval of documents by an independent individual is easy.
- Reconcile the imprest, bank and cash accounts on or before the 5th day of the month to ensure that the project reports that are generated are complete, accurate and free from misstatement.
- Generate project reports and budget follow ups with actual-budget expenditure rates on or before the 5th day of each month to assist the program manager know the progress of the project.
- Training of field staff on accounting best practices to ensure that the field vouchers and procedures are in line with donor and organizations requirements.
- Holds a CPA K or equivalent
- Holds a Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Proficiency with Navision accounting software will be an added advantage
- Must demonstrate having knowledge of donor regulations especially ECHO
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of attention to details in all aspects of work responsibilities
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously
- The ability to work on their own with minimal supervision across multiple projects
- The incumbent will be assisting the Field Veterinarian during community mobilization and in the identification and selection of beneficiaries including the signing of the Social Agreements
- Monitoring the activities related to slaughter de-stocking, voucher distribution and de-worming of livestock in his/her respective location
- Collection of all project related data
- The incumbent will provide Financial/Logistical/Administrative support to the Field Operations Officer in managing the Project.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in M&E
- Previous Experience in Rural Development Projects.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge.
- Previous experience in Development Work with good knowledge of donor regulations.
- Training in Community Development and/or Logistics/Supplies Management will be an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate in the Vernacular Languages of the project Area an added advantage.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of databases for project related information, data analysis.
- Data entry and management
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance of the archives
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of documents in the resource centre
- Develop and maintain office-filing system.
- Support Program Managers in the preparation of relevant project documents (incl. reports).
- Diploma in information management or other relevant fields
- At least 3 years of working experience in relevant field
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of EXEL and ACCESS
- Knowledge of statistical packages is an added advantage
- Strong writing and communication skills
- An application letter
- CV indicating their Email and telephone contacts,
- Current remuneration
- Names & contacts of 3 referees
The last date of receiving applications shall be Friday, 14th August 2009.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.