We wish to bring to your attention that Co-operative Bank is awarding Secondary School scholarships to students who sat for last year's KCPE exams but are unable to raise requisite school fees to join form one.
We therefore appeal to all of you, if you know of someone (parents) preferably associated (current or past) with a Co-operative Society who is in need of such assistance to contact Maisha Bora Sacco offices.
At this point, they need to bring the following:
- Result slip for 2010 KCPE
- Copy of birth certificate
- Form 1 admission, including fees structure
- A brief statement indicating why the nominee/family is deemed needy and the Co-operative Society with which the parent(s) is/ were associated.
- Any other document (e.g payslip, death certificate, etc) which may aid the process.
The Co-operative Bank Provincial Delegates meeting, which is the Selection Committee, is looking for candidates who meet the following eligibility requirements:-
- Student must have qualified with a minimum of 350 points in the standard eight final examinations.
- Student must be from a needy family that is unable to support secondary education.
- At least one of the parents of the student must be or have been a member of a Co-operative society.
- Orphans will be eligible provided at least one of the deceased parents was a member of a Co-operative Society.
- Sponsorship is open for both public and private secondary schools provided that the fees payable per year do not exceed the sum of KSH 50,000/-
The award is subject to the following terms and conditions:-
- The sponsorship will be extended to 50 students per province in year 2011.
- Out of the 50 students per province, at least 16 should comprise the girl child.
- Out of the 50 students per province a boy and girl should, where possible comprise the physically challenged.
- Each student awarded the scholarship will be sponsored school fees, books and uniform, up to a maximum sum of 50,000/- per year.
- The sponsorship fees will be for the entire secondary education i.e. from Form one to Form four.
- School fees will be payable directly to the school and to the suppliers in case of books and uniforms.
- The scholarship will be conditional upon the sponsored student maintaining consistent good performance, discipline and conduct in the four years of secondary education.
- Children of Co-operative Bank employees, Bank delegates and Directors are excluded from participation in this programme.