Kenya Scouts Association (KSA) is an educational movement for young people that is a voluntary, non-political and open to all.
KSA is a registered member of the World Organization of the Scouts Movement (WOSM).
Our mission is to contribute to the education of young people through a value system based on the Scout Law and Promise, to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in the society.
KSA seeks talent to fill the following position
National Executive Commissioner / CEO
Reporting to the Chief Commissioner, and working in close consultation with the Management Committee, the post holder serves as the principal liaison between the secretariat and the volunteers.
In line with the KSA constitution, the candidate will be expected to perform the following duties,
- Manage and direct the affairs of the KSA secretariat in its role of coordinating Scouting at the national level.
- Team leader for the KSA secretariat
- Oversee the day to day operations of the KSA
- Lead the secretariat in the implementation of the KSA strategic plan
- Ensure that the organization is consistently and positively presented to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure the financial well being of the organization and adherence to statutory obligations
- Collect and collate reports as prepared by various committees for presentation to the Management Committee, National Executive Committee and the Governing Council.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, Competencies and Experience
- A relevant university degree or equivalent
- At least five years of proven managerial ability at senior level in a reputable organization with adequate exposure in corporate governance, strategic planning, financial management, coaching, administration, negotiation and marketing.
- Experience in creating and managing sustainable models for non governmental, non profit and/or voluntary organizations.
- Experience in project proposal writing , organizing national and international events and handling large donor funded projects is essential.
- Must be conversant with diplomatic protocol and etiquette in international relations are essential.
- Should have the ability and competence to deal with a complex organization and governance structure made up of professionals and a large volunteer structure, at the largest youth movement in the country
- International working exposure will be an added advantage
- He or she should be well versed with the principles & fundamentals of Scouting
- Should have excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player
- Should have the ability to work under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Must be over 26 years of age at the date of application
- Must be of impeccable integrity and must respect the values and tenets of Scouting
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications, indicating their expected remuneration, latest CV, day time telephone number, copies of relevant credentials and details of three referees.
All applications to be sent via email to email@example.com
So as to be received by the undersigned on or before 22nd December, 2012
The Chair, Management Committee
Kenya Scouts Association
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Kenya Scouts Association is an equal opportunities employer