Finance & Credit Analyst, East Africa Markets
To plan, develop and control all aspects of general ledger management, trade credit management and fixed assets management as well as provide support to the East Africa Markets (EAM) team.
Develop and maintain key relations with BAT finance team, East Africa marketing team, internal and external auditors, which will assist management in tracking performance and making business decisions.
Ensure effectiveness of controls and efficiency of financial accounting processes and make improvements where necessary.
a) General ledger management
a) General ledger management
- Daily preparation of General Ledger (GL) journals for posting by the British American Shared Service Africa Middle East (BASS AME) team
- Daily verification of the GL codes and checking payment vouchers / expense claims for all of the EAM marketing team
- Monthly Reconciliation of the marketing provision accounts as per set deadlines
- Ensure maintenance of monthly cut off procedures in line with BAT global requirements.
b) Trade debtors credit management
- Monitoring of customer balances and payments to ensure that our customers are in line with approved credit policy
- Review of credit terms in line with shipment plans to ensure shipments are not constrained by credit holds
- In liaison with Supply Chain, forecast debt closing positions and anticipate BAT credit holds and take appropriate corrective action where shipments are at risk
- Preparation of debtors aging report that shows monthly account status for all of East Africa Markets for discussion at the Credit Committee
c) Reporting Requirements
- Plan reporting of Royalties payable in the royalties reporting system
- Plan volumes reporting in the Financial Management System
- Upload of budget and plan numbers into SAP
- Marketing overhead splits reporting in the Financial Management System
d) Marketing activities management: verification and approval of marketing activity credit notes and ensuring that all submissions from the end markets are accompanied by proper documentation that justifies payment to trade partners.
e) Coordination of the supplier payment processes for BAT Djibouti and Tobacco Management Consultants (TMC) Ethiopia including their respective payrolls.
f) Checking and approving of cash and bank reconciliations for BAT Djibouti and TMC Ethiopia as well as stock reconciliations for BAT Djibouti
- A University Degree holder in a finance related field and preferably a holder of a professional accounting qualification or equivalent
- At least 3 years of finance experience in an FMCG environment
- Strong business orientation with a good appreciation of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Good interpersonal skills and the flexibility to deal with people at a variety of levels in different countries, both internally and externally
- Good communication and influencing skills
- A Self-motivated individual
For further Information and to apply;-
External Applicants apply through www.bat.com
Applications close on 30th April 2013