Occupational Safety Specialist Required
- Ensure identification, monitoring and review of relevant OHS legislation and regulation
- Secure the legal compliance check is conducted at least once a year.
- Ensure Legal Management is maintained (Review, Legal Register, Compliance Check).
- Advise on legislation changes if operation will be affected significantly.
- Support Sourcing organization with Supplier Assessments and follow up the Supplier Evaluation
- Evaluate Supplier performance on OHS requirements
- Monitor ASP performance post contract award
- Provide feedback on evaluation findings to relevant business/ project managers
- Drive OHS management review at least once a year
- Provide all relevant results and information for OHSAS 18001 System in EMT meeting
- Ensure that OHS regional management is aligned with OHS Global Instructions and guidelines
- Guide implementation of Risk Assessment process within the organization
- Provide support with analysis based upon the outcome of the compiled results of Risk Assessments
- Ensure an annual Risk Assessment is carried out on a regional level and report the result to Group OHS
- Ensure that OHS audits, assessments and inspections are conducted.
- Follow up results of external audits and secure that the corrective actions are set up, executed and closed ollow up the internal corrective actions up to their closing.
- Ensure compliance with relevant standard
- Carry out Audits, assessments and inspections covering OHS issues
- Report major incidents and potential high risk near misses in OHS SIMS.
- Ensure that incidents are reported and investigated according to OHS procedures
- Prepare incident statistics and trends.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports
- Provide OHS-reports as required by customers
- Establish regional reporting network in order to be able to compile monthly and quarterly reports.
- Define regional/ country/ unit training requirements
- Define Training Plan (Matrix)
- Evaluate external OHS training providers
- Map which training can be provided internally (e.g class-room training) externally or on-line
- Ensure implementation of OHS Campaigns and promotions
- Support and guide routines for employee participation according to OHS procedures
- Manage relationships with authorities
- Appoint roles and responsibilities and establish an OHS regional organization and its governance
- Define the structure and the OHS competence needs in each region.
- Organize and lead regular meetings with nominated employees with OHS responsibilities
- Review procedures and changes to OHS instructions and guideline with the Group OHS Management
- Develop Regional OHS communication plan
- Set Regional/ Country/ Unit OHS Targets, KPIs, Plan & Programs
Qualifications and Experience
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree and recognized formal OHS qualification e.g. degree or diploma
- Post Grad / Degree and MSc in OHS Health and Safety Management
- NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health or other recognized certification)
- Project Management Skills
- Risk Management Skills
- Audit & Assessment Skills
- Local Laws & Regulations Knowledge
- Writing and reporting,
- Analyzing, Planning and organizing,
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations,
- Following instructions and procedures,
- Adapting and responding to change.
- Persuading and Influencing,
If you have what it takes to undertake the above tasks, sent your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let the subject of the mail be OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY SPECIALIST.
Kindly note that this job is a 6 month renewable contract job.
Deadline for submission is 18th April 2013 noon.