We are pleased to announce the following vacancy within the Corporate Affairs Division.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Head of Department – PR and Corporate Communications
HOD – PRC – JUNE - 2013
Reporting to the Director - Corporate Affairs, the successful candidate will be responsible for end to end management of the company’s internal and external communications strategy designed to present and maintain a positive public image of Safaricom in line with the Safaricom’s commitment to being a truly transformative Kenyan business that goes beyond its limits to meet customer demands.
- To develop and provide strategic thought leadership for both internal and external audiences in the areas of media management, digital asset and social media engagement, crisis communications, internal and external corporate publications, executive PR and media training;
- Ensure that the Safaricom brand maintains cordial and mutually beneficial ties with its entire stakeholder universe, including the media, regulators, shareholders, customers, future generations etc. These relationships have to be based on the Safaricom 2.0 key tenets of openness, accountability, truth, speed and honesty.
- Develop and implement a strategic online reputation management plan for the Safaricom brand. Giving the company a respected, consistent and well-projected voice in the online community;
- Execution of a clear internal communications plan with quantitative measures on user uptake and experience that is positive;
- Responsible for the effective performance of all outsourced PR agency functions and the entire stakeholder universe to come up with consistent messaging from the company, channeling it through the right medium and ensuring all company spokespersons are empowered and aligned to this cause;
- Effective monitoring and reporting of the external and internal perception of the Safaricom values and strategic objectives;
- Effective measurement of PR value for all agreed touch points in the business;
- Prepare Departmental cost forecasts and budgets and monitor usage for compliance and implement remedial action as appropriate
- Ensure application of best practice processes & procedures in the PR & Communications department;
- Building a well-rounded team that has strength, in depth and breadth in PR & Communication by focusing on Staff development;
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Marketing, Communications, Education, Political Science, Public Administration, Law and other social sciences;
- Master’s Degree or relevant Post Graduate Qualifications in any of the above fields will be an added advantage;
- 8- 10 years hands on experience in PR and Communications of which 4 years must have been in senior management experience, preferably in a blue chip company or reputable large corporate organisation.
- The job holder will be a highly energetic and motivated tech savvy PR professional.
- Ability to successfully liaise, communicate effectively, influence and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Resilient and have the ability to represent and maintain a principled position in a sensitive situation.
- High emotional and cultural intelligence
- High integrity and must be above reproach
- Good organizational skills, proactive and self-drive for results;
- Have a positive approach to ensuring complete customer satisfaction;
If you meet the requirements and are up to the challenge, please send your resume and application letter to the address below.
Please quote the job reference number in the application letter.
All applications must be delivered on or before Thursday, 13th June 2013.
Head of Talent & Resourcing,
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org