The University of Maryland implements comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs to facilitate the Ministry of Health in controlling the spread of HIV and rapidly scale up HIV services, institute continuous quality improvement methods as well as the M&E infrastructure necessary to support these services; is seeking a suitably qualified person able to fill the following position:
Position: Program Manager
Reports To: Program Director
The Program Manager will be responsible for:
Project Implementation and Monitoring
- Supporting the technical team to develop work plans specific to the laboratory, maternal new born and child health (MNCH), community based services, supply chain and continuous quality improvement components, and monitoring execution of those plans.
- Managing the completion of project deliverables under the direction of the Program Director, including keeping the timeline, assigning responsibilities for project tasks, ensuring accountability, receiving reports from project teams, and trouble-shooting to ensure timelines and targets are met as agreed with partners and donors.
- Planning and ensuring execution of key programmatic meetings and activities.
Project Resource Management
- Ensuring that all project resources are aligned to enable delivery of project goals.
- Ensuring that all project procurements and renovations are undertaken within specific timelines.
- Developing budgets in conjunction with Program Director and monitoring project burn rates to ensure activities are implemented within timeframe and budget.
Representation and Reporting
- Organizing and coordinating representation of the program at relevant meetings with stakeholders, as appropriate.
- In conjunction with Program Director, building and maintaining relationships and with a broad range of organizations and individuals working in the field of HIV within Kenya.
- Assisting Program Director with convening information, writing and submitting programmatic reports, circulating regular internal briefings to US HQ based staff and management of the technical assistance team.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Masters in a health field such as public health, health policy, planning and management, MBA in Health Management or its equivalent
- Experience of at least 5 years in project management
- Proven and excellent writing skills
- Experience of not less than 3 years working within the formal Kenya health system
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applications should be submitted on or before 23rd August, 2013 to:
The HR Manager,
P.O. Box 495-00606,
Documents to be included: a cover letter with the applicant’s current contact information, CV showing the names and contacts of three professional referees, testimonials and two recommendation letters.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation does not demand for recruitment fees.