Jan 6, 2017
Nova Academies is looking for a superstar School Nurse to play a critical role in the promotion of students and staff health and well-being.
The School Nurse will be in charge of the infirmary / school clinic, handling cases whose symptoms and causes can be conclusively treated on campus.
A registered nurse, he/she shall be resident on or near the school campus under the school’s housing scheme and receive competitive benefits in line with Nova’s benefit structure.
Imagine a world in which every young person in Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century.
A school that demands excellence, helps students learn by doing and exploring rather than by memorizing, equips students with globally competitive science and technology skills, and builds the character and growth mindset that will shape the rest of their lives.
Now imagine that this school is not in one town, in one country, but in every town, in every country.
This is what we imagine, and we want you to help make it happen.
About Nova Academies: One year ago we launched a new venture to build the first pan-African network of high-quality, affordable primary and secondary schools.
In 2016 we will be operating three schools—two in South Africa and one in Kenya—and gearing up for rapid growth.
Our venture is structured as a social enterprise to enable us to attract the investment that will be needed to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students in the next decade.
Our team culture is designed to reinforce our vision:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody: you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities because doing so helps us grow
- We put our students before our team, and our team before ourselves
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning
About The Role
- Model and live the Nova Culture
- Manage our students’ wellness and development and offer them psycho-social support as needed.
- Maintain close liaison with the Medical staff at the nearest Private Hospital consistently
- Handle confidential situations, information and documentation.
- Communicate effectively at all levels with students, staff, parents and other clinicians and paramedics
- Offer professional counselling skills
- Support the Dean of Residential Life in inspecting boarding house facilities (toilets and bathrooms, laundry area) when pupils are away from the facilities and appraise the level of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Monitor standards achieved by cleaners and other support agencies within the Boarding House and report on any deficiencies to the Dean of Residential Life
- Attend appropriate ‘updating’ training sessions and refresher courses as may be offered/ required by the government or recommended by the management of Nova Academies.
- Other duties as defined by your manager
- We are seeking a professional, flexible and conscientious registered nurse with the ability to build a harmonious, energetic and cohesive relationship with students and co-workers
- You have 3-4 years’ experience as a registered nurse
- You have a Diploma or Degree in Nursing with great people skills
- You reside in and around Juja/Thika Road/Ruiru or are willing to move in order to be close to work
Does working at Nova Academies excite you?
If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
CLICK HERE to apply online
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews. If you do not hear from us within 8 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.